Thetford Select Board Meeting


October 10, 2005


PRESENT: Doug Stone, John Bacon, Mary Spata, Mike Brown, Mark McMahon


John Bacon called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM.


Motion to approve Check Warrant reports:

#31.2 General $32,064.30

#36.1 General $18,540.74 (Spata/Bacon) Unanimous.


A request to name town road #50 has been referred back to a resident; the Selectboard will research the old name.


Mary Spata and Doug Stone will meet with Gary Ulman at the Recycling Center on Wednesday at 3:30 PM to review the engineering design for rearrangement of the Recyling Center.


Discussed the plan for future landscaping at the north end of Barker Rd. at Rte. 113.


The Verizon tower zoning permit meeting is scheduled for October 25 at 7:00 PM.


Town Clerk, Tracy Borst, joined the meeting at 7:45 PM.

Discussed Town Report cover and graphics/photos.


Wayne Parks joined the meeting at 8:00 PM. Dave Fisk joined the meeting at 8:05 PM. Ms. Borst left the meeting at 8:10 PM.


Mr. Fisk reported that nothing has been done on the tire inflation program, although it remains on the agenda of the Energy Committee.


Energy Committee asked if there is a place for another Park and Ride in town.


Rick and Lori Howard joined the meeting at 8:20 PM.


Mr. Fisk voiced concerns with parts of the Outdoor Lighting and Illuminated Sign Ordinance that is being reviewed. Mary Spata read comments from other residents about outdoor lighting; suggestions will be incorporated into the next draft. Wayne Parks asked about the impact of walkway and farm lighting.


Mr. Fisk left the meeting at 8:28 PM.


Mark McMahon advised Selectboard that St. Albans and Rutland have joined Thetford and Woodstock in petitioning CVPS for town ownership of streetlights.


Chapter 10 of the Town Plan was reviewed.


Selectboard will review Chapters 3 and 4 for discussion at the next meeting.


Ms. Spata asked if additional bids have been received for roof work at Treasure Island; Mr. Stone will contact the O'Hearns.


Roberta Howard, Wayne Parks, and Rick and Lori Howard left the meeting at 8:55 PM.


Highway Department- talked about culverts, ditching and garage repair. Selectboard authorized purchase of pressure washer.


Motion to enter Executive Session at 9:25 PM to discuss personnel (McMahon/Bacon) Unanimous.


Executive Session ended at 9:40 PM.


Discussed Mr. Dempsey's request for assistance to gain right-of-way to his woodlot.


Meeting adjourned at 9:55 PM (Spata/Bacon) Unanimous.


Minutes submitted by Doug Stone.

Last Modified 11/2005 by Bill Weyrick